David is a professional touring musician, drummer, and percussionist, capable of precision and improvisation in many musical styles on many instruments. He’ll learn your music quickly via rehearsal, audio, or sheet music.
Arranging & Scores^
David can help you with writing original music and percussion parts for your songs, scores, symphonies, compositions, ensembles, or bands.
David is available for general and /or specific drumming and rhythm help. He will help with the setting up, re-heading, and / or tuning of a drumset, the tuning or re-heading of hand drums, the sound proofing of a practice room, rehearsal space, or recording studio, finding a percussion teacher in your area, finding a percussion player in your area, and the answering of any drum, percussion, or rhythm related questions you might have.
Coaching & Consulting ^
David offers his coaching and consulting skills in a variety of contexts and applications:
Marching drum lines, percussion ensembles, jazz bands, concert bands, dance bands, and worship teams
- For public or private schools, churches, private groups or bands, and community ensembles.
Dancer Troupes and their drummers
- How to build a better relationship and vocabulary between motion and sound and each other, ideal for dance troupes wanting a better connection with their inner rhythm, their drummers, the traditional rhythms, and their art.
Groups of all kinds (including non-music groups such as sports teams and businesses)
- How to work better as a group and how to really listen, work, and play together as an ensemble and a team. Great for team building and learning how to trust, feel comfortable, and have fun with one another. Improves a group’s ability to be fully independent and at the same time feel how each part fits perfectly and indispensably with in the whole.
Composers, arrangers, and singer / songwriters
- How to work with rhythm, write for percussion instruments in a stylistically appropriate manner and how to communicate with and find a rhythm section.
Improvisation on your perspective instrument
- Get comfortable improvising by yourself and in musical group situations. David works well with classical musicians who want to put down the sheet music and gain confidence with improvisation, or with students that are trying to become more comfortable playing music by ear and off of the written page.