Hello Dear Ones,
We are really looking forward to the first Embodying Rhythm Marimba, Rhythm, and Music sleep-away summer camp for teenagers and adults this July. We would love to encourage you to check-in and see if you are called to join us. We have a really amazing team gathered as staff, some super great students signed up, and we are extremely excited for the musical material that we will be covering during this five and a half day fun intensive music camp. If you are called to join us for this percussive adventure learning music in a joyful, safe, uplifting, immersive, community oriented environment, please do: learn more.
Our family has really been appreciating the fruit blossoms and the sound of the bees buzzing in the trees this spring. We have been having picnics under the crabapple tree in full bloom this week. If you haven’t had a chance yet to breathe deeply into a blossoming fruit tree, or to listen to the bees doing their springtime thing, we’d recommend taking a moment for this type of medicine.
We had a very inspirational marimba workshop this past Sunday. Thanks to the folks who made it out to go deeper into the fun realms of music and rhythm. In two weeks, on Sunday, May 6th from 2-5pm, we’ll explore the rhythmical play of music based in 3 (including 6’s & 12’s) and the inherent poly-rhythms held within. Learn more.
Our marimba album recording studio journey is progressing well. We are looking forward to a mid-summer release date. Will keep you posted.
Arlyn & David
Upcoming Marimba Workshop + Summercamp
- Sunday, May 6, 2018 from 2-5pm. $25. Marimba Workshop with David Alderdice, assisted by Arlyn Alderdice “The Magic Power of Rhythms Based in 12” – Poly-rhythms and engaging the 6/8, 12/8, 3/4, & 4/4 (with triplets) time-feels. $25 for this three-hour workshop. Please RSVP to this email for location, to save your spot, and for our planning purposes. For ages 10 through adult.
- Sunday, July 15th, through Friday, July 20th, 2018 – Embodying Rhythm’s Marimba, Rhythm and Music Summercamp with David Alderdice and Arlyn Alderdice. This year’s sleep-away camp will be located on private property outside Crawford, CO at the modern Crystal Creek Lodge at the foot of Black Mesa. Experience the joy of making music in ensemble while learning fun, accessible, and applicable concepts about rhythm, melody, harmony, and groove. This camp is geared for students grades 6 through adult. Early registration by May 1st save $110. Please visit our website for pricing, schedule, and full details: http://embodyingrhythm.com/
- The North Fork Community Choir’s spring concert, “Love’s Many Forms,” on Sunday, April 29th at 2:30 in the afternoon. Under the leadership of Dylan Fixmer, the program consists of music that explores all aspects of love from the joyous to the tragic, and covers the musical spectrum. If you are a fan of choral music, or just want to hear beautiful sounds coming from your friends and neighbors (including Arlyn) join us for this exceptional performance. $10 tickets
- NFV Community & Parade Band Concert at the Creamery Arts Center in Hotchkiss, CO, May 4. As part of a multi-school art opening. HHS jazz band will play around 6pm directed by Jeannette Carey followed by the NFV Community & Parade Band around 7pm directed by Jeannette Carey (sousaphone) and David Alderdice (drumset).
- Marimba Residency Performance with the NF Montessori at Crawford upper elementary students. Friday, May 18th, lower elementary starts at 10am, marimba students start around 11am at the Crawford stage near town hall. Join us as we celebrate spring and the accomplishments of these students.
- NFV Community & Parade Band at the Solar Fair in Paonia, CO. May 19, 2:00 pm – 2:45 pm at Solar Energy International, 39845 Mathews Ln in Paonia. Led by David Alderdice and Jeannette Carey. more info
- Hotchkiss 6-8th grade Music Department Performance directed by Jeannette Carey with percussion features written and directed by David Alderdice. Monday May 21st, 6pm at HHS.