We are so happy to have our CD out in the world. You can purchase a copy in the North Fork Valley at Root & Vine, The Cirque, and North Fork Family Dentistry. Online at CD Baby.com as well as other digital suppliers like Amazon and iTunes. Thanks for everyone who came out to the CD release party and made that a fun celebration.
Up next, bassoons, marimba classes, women’s drumming, and more.
We have a couple of Christmas video presents for you:
and one short clip from our CD release party, just for fun: Danza
Arlyn & David
— January World Music in Paradise —
- Breaking Winds Bassoon Quartet on Saturday, January 12th 2019. 7:30pm With the bassoon being one of his favorite instruments, David Alderdice, is really excited to be hosting this super fun bassoon experience. He is also looking forward to getting to play with the BWBQ for the second half of their performance at the Paradise Theatre as well as touring the local schools with 6 outreach programs. This artist-run creative project disregards genre with favorites from the worlds of classical, pop, jazz, soundtrack, world, and folk music adapted for the ensemble by its members. Known for their stage antics, this all-female quartet is definitely worth checking out. tickets
— January Classes —
- Marimba Class Series with Arlyn Alderdice. Three Tuesdays from 9:30am – 11am: January 8, 15, & 22. $30 for the three week series. Open to beginner players as well as continuing students. Playing marimba is a great way to keep your brain fresh and active. All instruments provided. Experience the joy of making music in ensemble with our 4.5 octave beautiful wooden instruments in a safe and gentle environment. Please RSVP to register (Hotchkiss address provided upon registration): 872-4238 or contact
- Women’s Rhythm and Drumming Class Series with Arlyn Alderdice. Three Tuesdays 9:30am-11am, starting January 29th at our teaching studio outside Hotchkiss, CO. Come as you are. We’ll spend time checking-in and coming into rhythm together and we’ll play. For new drummers as well as experienced musicians. $25 for the three week series. Please RSVP by replying to this email so I can plan accordingly or contact.
— January FEAST Concerts —
- January 18th, 7:30pm Moss Performing Arts Center, Grand Junction, CO
- January 19th, 7:30pm Moss Performing Arts Center, Grand Junction, CO
- January 20th, 3:00pm Montrose Pavilion, Montrose, CO
With Irish dancer Tyler Schwartz and guest vocalists Graham and Stephanie Anduraj. Funky Classical Celtic World Fusion band FEAST brings a fun and unique approach to crossing musical genres. Playing mainly Celtic-inspired music with their own original twist, FEAST mixes classical, traditional, and modern techniques, tunes, and instruments. Classically trained string instrumentalists and keyboardist play beautiful soaring traditional melodies on top of a backdrop of funky Afro-Cuban influenced world-beat drum set and bass grooves. It’s a feast for the ears and a musical experience to be remembered. Part of the Western Slope Concert Series. David Alderdice on drums and percussion. Tickets
— February Il Divo Colorado Concerts —
- February 8, 7:30pm, Paradise Theatre, Paonia, CO
- February 9, 7:30pm, First United Methodist Church, Grand Junction, CO
- February 10, 3:00pm, Montrose Pavilion
“Songs of Villains and Heroes” Il Divo Colorado. Tickets Comprised of four award-
— February & March Youth Kendama Club ––
Kendama Club with kendama coach, David Alderdice, at Hotchkiss K-8, Wednesdays 3:30 – 5:00pm. February through March 2019. Kendamas are traditional wooden skill toys with origins from around the world. Offered as a gift. Sponsored by Arts 4 All. Open to students in grades 3rd through 8th. Students from through out the county are welcome. No experience needed. 872-4238 or contact David Alderdice to sign up or for more info.