Happy Halloween and Día de Muertos.
The Embodying Rhythm practice challenge begins tomorrow. Just add 15 minutes a day of musical practice/musical inquiry to your life to participate. More info here: https://ladyarlyn.wordpress.com
We wanted to make sure you had November 12th and 13th on your calendar – FEAST Plays Chamber Music with Marcin Arendt, violin, Kathryn Mientka, piano, David Alderdice, percussion, Kimberly Patterson, cello, and Benjamin DeKock, bass. In Grand Junction and Montrose. tickets
Also we just added a 12/8 marimba workshop to the schedule on December 4th in Hotchkiss. Deepen your relationship to this fun and elusive time-feel and the inherent polyrhythms that are fundamental to the Zimbabwean marimba player while playing in ensemble. This workshop is open to participants who have marimba experience or are an intermediate player of another instrument. more information
David has been deeply immersed in arranging music for the January 21, 2017 Musical Caravan performance on the Blue Sage World Music Concert Series. The musicians got together this past weekend for the first rehearsal and it is a great crew and a super fun and broad repertoire. more info and tickets
We hope to see you soon.
Arlyn and David
ps. Afrobeat Marimba video from Harvest Festival at the bottom of this email
- David Alderdice with FEAST in Grand Junction, CO on Saturday, November 12, 3:00pm
- David Alderdice with FEAST in Montrose, CO on Sunday, November 13, 2016 3:00 pm
- Marimba Workshop in 12/8 with David Alderdice in Hotchkiss, CO on Sunday, December 4, 2016 2:00 pm
- David Alderdice with 3 Tinkers and Moors & McCumber in Paonia, CO on Saturday, December 10, 2016 7:00 pm
- David Alderdice & Susan Ellinger La Dolce Vida in Paonia, CO on Sunday, December 11, 2016 7:30 pm
- A Musical Caravan with David Alderdice & Friends in Paonia, CO on Saturday, January 21, 2017 7:30 pm
- World Music: Mythic Rhythm with Glen Velez & Loire in Paonia, CO on Saturday, June 3, 2017 7:30 pm
- Ongoing: NFV Community Parade Band continues on Monday Nights at the Hotchkiss High School Band Room 6:30-8:00pm. Bring your instrument.